Galactic Freightways
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galactic Freightways

Home Of Galactic Freightways

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Astromechs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vance Asano
Recruit

Astromechs Empty
PostSubject: Astromechs   Astromechs I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:45 pm

I am considering an astromech and wouldn't mind three things:
1: Which should i get?
2: Where should i get it?
3: What kind of astromech do you prefer and why?

Thanks in foward to any who answer my dumb newby question!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Marak Naar

Astromechs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astromechs   Astromechs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 2:57 pm

Currently, Astro's serve no purpose except for piloting Space Port Shuttles, or 'filling in' as pilots for squaded fighters. (so far as I am aware)
Though the ETA-2 Fighter has a purpose built slot for an R2 unit and may well become useful at a later date.

There are those among us die hard SW nuts that own both an R2 and a 3PO, (Protocol Droid) but since they are pretty much useless at the moment, they sit on my LSC doing absolutely smeg all.

You could always sign up to Centerpoint Market (CPM) and look at the current prices, but they are not often cheap and it may well be worth approaching a manufacturer directly for the best price.
I have a few contacts in the droid business and would be happy to use any 'clout' I may have accrued on your behalf when/if you decide to buy a droid/astro.

My personal opinion would be to forgo purchasing astro's at this stage, unless you intend to resell on CPM.
Back to top Go down
Zeks Assuri

Zeks Assuri

Astromechs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astromechs   Astromechs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 7:26 pm

I agree with Marak 100%. I've got 2 R1 Astromech droids I bought over a year ago, and just realized I still had them yesterday while cruising through my inventory >.<

FA-4 Pilot droids are useful if you're in a capital ship as you can leave them as pilot while you head to the docking back and get something from a docked ship. Without a droid, attempting to enter a docked ship whilst in Hyperspace will cause the ship to Abort the jump... And we all know how dangerous THAT can be!

Overall, unless you're looking to resale pass on the droids. Maybe buy some from a manufacturer and resale them on CPM for some easy creds (not much, but ever but helps).
Back to top Go down
Vance Asano
Recruit

Astromechs Empty
PostSubject: Thanks   Astromechs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 9:35 pm

Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Astromechs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astromechs   Astromechs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Astromechs